Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 24 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- Action on Salt Comment:
- WASH Research: Salt intake in China among highest in the world for the past four decades (12th July)
- Action on Salt Comment: Response to Boris Johnson's proposed review of 'sin taxes' (3rd July)
- Action on Salt Comment: Action on Salt welcomes development of a National Food Strategy (27th June)
- Action on Salt Comment: Action on Salt supports PHE's recommendations for baby and infant foods (27th June)
- The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health Recommendations: RCPCH Prevention vision for child health (27th June)
- Action on Salt Release: Action on Salt Chairman Graham MacGregor awarded a CBE! (10th June)
- Action on Salt and Action on Sugar Release: Call for ban on using cartoon animations on-pack to market unhealthy products to children (4th June)
- Sustain: Thousands of women and children miss out on healthy food scheme in 2018 (1st June)