Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 24 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is reliant on voluntary contributions in order to fulfil its expanding role such as producing and distributing resources running Salt Awareness Week.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- The Department of Health and Social Care: Prevention is better than cure: our vision to help you live well for longer (November 5th)
- Action on Salt Release: Action on Salt Expose Excessive Amounts of Salt in ‘Healthy’ Processed Meat Alternatives and Demand URGENT Action from Public Health England
- Food Navigator Asia: High salt intake linked to development of impaired kidney function: Japanese study (3rd October)
- Department of Health and Social Care: Consultation on mandating calorie labelling in the out-of-home sector (14th September)
- Blood Pressure UK Release: Nation Urged to Know Their Blood Pressure Numbers - Nearly Two Thirds Ignore Simplest Step for Reducing Risk of Stroke, Heart Attack or Heart Failure (11th September)