Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 22 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- Open Access Government: “Salt reduction saves lives” – So why is it being pushed aside? (8th March)
- The Grocer: Tesco announces new ‘65% healthy products’ target as it steps up action on obesity (5th March)
- The Guardian: UK government may start offering financial rewards for becoming healthier (AoS comment) (4th March)
- The Grocer: Nectar Card pioneer to spearhead new lifestyle interventions approach to tackling obesity (AoS comment) (4th March)
- Politics Home: Obesity is a national emergency; to level up society, it must be addressed (4th March)
- New Research: Potential impact of gradual reduction of fat content in manufactured and out-of-home food on obesity in the United Kingdom: a modeling study (2nd March)