Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 22 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- The Grocer: Majority of Brits support total ban on online junk food advertising (3rd June)
- Food Navigator: Nestlé confirms new health and nutrition strategy after leaked documents dent its image (2nd June)
- Open Access Government: Queen’s Speech addresses key obesity prevention plans (AoS) (2nd June)
- The Irish Times: Nestlé says majority of its food portfolio is unhealthy (31st May)
- Talking Retail: Advertising campaign returns to get kids eating more healthily (28th May)
- The Daily Express: High blood pressure: Three symptoms that signal your hypertension reading is 'very high' (AoS comment) (27th May)
- The Grocer: How has Kellogg’s escaped HFSS ban, and how can others in the cereal category? (21st May)