Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 24 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- The Sun: M&S seasoning packets backed by Gemma Collins slammed by health experts (with quote from our nutritionist Mhairi Brown) (12th September)
- The George Institute for Global Health: How your meat-free favourites could be tricking you (10th September)
- Nutrition Insight: Battling child obesity: Scotland to table junk food limitations on national scale (with quote from our campaign lead Sonia Pombo) (5th September)
- World Action on Salt and Health Opinion Piece: Reducing population salt intake—An update on latest evidence and global action (26th August)
- Action on Salt Release: Pick wisely when you picnic as new survey exposes dangerously high salty finger foods that could put your health at risk (15th August)
- Action on Salt and Sugar Comment: Saturated fats and health: response to the SACN report (1st August)
- Action on Salt and Action on Sugar Release: Call for a levy on manufacturers to reduce excessive calories in unhealthy food (7th August)