Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 24 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- Action on Salt Release: Food Manufacturers Accused of Pathetic Progress on Salt Reduction as New Survey Finds Two Rashers of Bacon are Saltier than 8 Bags of Crisps! (9th January)
- Action on Salt comment: Asda follows Lidl in scrapping cartoons on cereal boxes in fight against obesity (7th January)
- Action on Salt comment: Lidl becomes the latest retailer to remove cartoon characters from children's breakfast cereals (3rd January)
- The Food Foundation: 400,000 children in London experience food insecurity - #Right2Food Campaign
- The Guardian: Coke, crisps, convenience: how ads created a global junk food generation (26th December)
- Action on Salt and Action on Sugar: 2019 Manifesto - Health for All (14th November)
- Action on Salt Release: Action on Salt Responds to the National Food Strategy, Calling for a Robust Salt Reduction Programme in a Bid to Tackle the Huge Burden of Diet-related Disease and Ill-health (8th November)