Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 22 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- Newsletter: Action on Salt and Sugar January Newsletter (14th January)
- Action on Salt Position Statement: The Future of Prevention in the UK (11th January)
- The Grocer: Is a ban on in-store HFSS promotions now inevitable? (8th January)
- NewFood Magazine: Industry self-regulation not the answer to obesity, according to BMJ (7th January)
- The BMJ: Industry self-regulation fails to deliver healthier diets, again (6th January)
- Open Access Government: Who should tackle the biggest cause of premature death when PHE is gone? (6th January)
- Public Health England: Seven in 10 adults are motivated to get healthier in 2021 due to COVID-19 (4th January)
- FoodManufacturer: Government clamps down on ‘junk food’ promotions (4th January)
- Conscious Advertising Network: Children's Wellbeing (1st January)