Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 24 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- CSPI: Salt Institute to dissolve (6th March)
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine: Sodium and Potassium Dietary Reference Intake Values Updated in New Report; Introduces New Category for Sodium Based on Chronic Disease Risk Reduction (5th March)
- Action on Salt Release: Salt Warning as Children’s Meals in the Casual Dining Sector are getting SALTIER and Failing to Meet Public Health England’s Targets (5th March)
- iNews: Soluble painkillers can contain as much salt as 21 bags of Walkers crisps - with comment from our Chair Graham MacGregor (5th March)
- Independent: Hidden salt in cold, heartburn and indigestion remedies needs health warning, researchers say (3rd March)
- Which?: The salt in medicines that could jeopardise your heart health (2nd March)
- Action on Salt and Action on Sugar Release: Children’s Breakfast Cereals STILL Shockingly High in Sugar with Nearly Half of Products Receiving a Red Label – Ban Cartoons on Unhealthy Breakfast Cereal Products (26th February)