Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 24 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- Action on Salt and Action on Sugar: 2019 Manifesto - Health for All (14th November)
- Action on Salt Release: Action on Salt Responds to the National Food Strategy, Calling for a Robust Salt Reduction Programme in a Bid to Tackle the Huge Burden of Diet-related Disease and Ill-health (8th November)
- iNews: Waitrose Unwrapped enjoys 'phenomenal' response, with 10 weeks' worth of beer selling out in four days (with comment from Action on Salt Campaign Manager Sonia Pombo) (6th November)
- Action on Salt Comment: Time to Solve Childhood Obesity: An Independent Report by the Chief Medical Officer (10th October)
- New Research: Global Prevalence of Hypertension in Children. A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis (7th October)
- Action on Salt: Have your say on the new Green Paper for disease prevention
- The Telegraph: Family cricket series The Hundred criticised for choosing snack sponsor - with comment from our campaign manager Sonia Pombo (4th October)