Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. It is successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and Government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 25 expert scientific members.
- CASH Release: Health Warnings on Chinese Takeaways and Ready Meals Should be Mandatory After New Survey Exposes Certain Takeaways Contain as Much Salt as Five Big Macs (13th March)
- PHE Launch Calorie Reduction Programme to Tackle Childhood & Adult Obesity (6th March)
- CASH Release: New CASH Survey Reveals Shockingly High Levels of Hidden Salt in Valentine’s Day Meal Deals Sold at UK’s Biggest Retailers (14th February)
- New York Times: In sweeping war on obesity, Chile slays Tony the Tiger (7th February)
- Just-Food: Spain to cut sugar, salt and fat in food items (6th February)