Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 24 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- Action on Salt Release: Action on Salt Chairman Graham MacGregor Awarded a CBE (10th June)
- Action on Salt and Action on Sugar Release: Call for ban on using cartoon animations on-pack to market unhealthy products to children (4th June)
- Food Ingredients First: Keeping salt reduction on the agenda: Reduced sodium solutions in high demand for NPD (13th May)
- The Times: Deliveroo dishes up junk food deals to the obese (12th May)
- British Baker: Four lessons from the 2019 BSB spring conference (featuring our Chair Graham MacGregor) (16th April)
- Lo Salt: Lo Salt response to NICE Hypertension Guidelines (12th April)
- Action on Salt comment: New Report: Dietary Reference Intakes for Sodium and Potassium in the US (4th April)