Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 24 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- Action on Salt Release: Pick wisely when you picnic as new survey exposes dangerously high salty finger foods that could put your health at risk (15th August)
- Action on Salt and Action on Sugar Release: Call for a Levy on Manufacturers to Reduce Excessive Calories in Unhealthy Food (7th August)
- Action on Salt and Sugar Comment: Saturated fats and health: SACN report (1st August)
- Action on Salt Comment: Response to release of the Prevention Green Paper (23rd July)
- Action on Salt Comment: Response to Imperial College London and University of London analysis of the Responsibility Deal (19th July)
- WASH Research: Salt intake in China among highest in the world for the past four decades (12th July)
- Action on Salt Comment: Response to Boris Johnson's proposed review of 'sin taxes' (3rd July)
- Action on Salt Comment: Action on Salt welcomes development of a National Food Strategy (27th June)