Action on Salt is a group of specialists concerned with salt and its effects on health. We are successfully working to reach a consensus with the food industry and government over the harmful effects of a high salt diet, and bring about a reduction in the amount of salt in processed foods as well as salt added to cooking, and the table. Action on Salt is supported by 22 expert scientific members.
Action on Salt is unique in its work. The role it performs is not undertaken by any other organisation, so your support is vital. If you can help with a donation, however big or small, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salt in the news
- BMJ Open: (19th October)
- Action on Salt and Action on Sugar release: (6th October)
- Obesity Health Alliance: (28th September)
- Public Health England: Evaluation of changes in the dietary methodology in the National Diet and Nutrition Survey Rolling Programme from Year 12 (2019 to 2020) (22nd September)
- Public Health England: National Diet and Nutrition Survey: Diet, nutrition and physical activity in 2020 (22nd September)
- Impact Magazine: Will Government incentive schemes to tackle obesity bear fruit? (AoS comment) (18th September)
- Nutrients Journal: Core Strategies to Increase the Uptake and Use of Potassium-Enriched Low-Sodium Salt (15th September)
- iNews: McDonald’s launches new ‘McPlant’ vegan burger with UK-wide rollout from next month (AoS comment) (9th September)
- Yorkshire Evening Post: Almost third of Leeds residents "not concerned" about blood pressure as charity issues warning (6th September)