Our mission is to work with the government and the food industry to gradually lower salt intake in the UK to below the recommended maximum level of 6g a day.
- To reach a consensus with food manufacturers and suppliers on the health risks associated with a high salt diet, especially in groups more vulnerable to a high salt diet including the elderly
- To persuade food processors and suppliers to universally and gradually reduce the salt content of processed food
- To ensure translation of the body of evidence on the dangers of excessive salt consumption into policy by the government and relevant professional organisations
- To educate the public to become more salt aware and understand the impact of salt on their health
- To ensure clear and comprehensive nutritional labelling of the salt content of all processed food
- To work with other organisations and stakeholders to promote healthy diets, ensuring inclusion of salt reduction messages